Can you deny Visitation to your ex-spouse as a punishment for failing to make timely child support payments?  The answer is unequivocally NO!  Failure to pay support never justifies cutting off visitation.  Also, if you are denied visitation, you cannot stop paying support either.  The duties are separate in nature.  If you are denied visitation, the proper way to deal with this issue is to petition the court to hold the offending party in contempt.  If found in contempt, the court may order the party to pay court costs, your attorney fees, or order possible jail time.  ORC 3119.44.

Jamie L. Anderson dedicates her practice to representing families through the changes of a divorce or dissolution.  She has made herself one of Greene County’s most prominent matrimonial attorneys and will use her experience to secure your family, your finances and your future.  Contact Jamie L. Anderson at (937) 879-9542 or visit to learn more.