In my practice, I receive a lot of questions involving child support daily.  One of the most common questions I receive is as follows:  “Should I pay support directly to my spouse?” A similar question: “Why should I be in arrears when I give her (meaning the ex-spouse or partner) a lot of extra money for the children?”  If you send money directly to your ex-wife or ex-husband, it will NOT be counted toward your child support obligation.  Your payments may be considered as a gift under Ohio law and you will receive no credit for your efforts.

If you have any questions regarding your child support obligation, feel free to call Attorney Jamie L. Anderson at (937) 879-9542.  Jamie specializes in all areas of Domestic Relations, including Divorce, Dissolution, Child Custody, Post-Decree Modifications, Child and Spousal Support, etc., in all counties in the Miami Valley area.