Divorce Process: Objections

Not Happy with the Outcome of Your Divorce? – Don’t Let Time Pass You Bydivorce

Finally, you come to the end of the divorce process, your final hearing.  The feeling of relief you expected is no where to be found, because you either did not receive the parenting time, property, or debt distribution you wanted.  So, all you feel is disappointment, anger, and frustration.

If you are not happy with the outcome of your divorce, it may be possible for you to file Objections to Magistrate Decision.  However, you must be aware of the short period of time in which you are able to file your objections.  Objections must be filed within fourteen (14) days  of the filing of the magistrate decision.   The short time period may be extended, but only by written motion, filed prior to the expiration of the original fourteen (14) day period and brought to the attention of the assigned judge.

If you want to object to a magistrate’s decision, a qualified attorney is your best option to obtain your desired outcome.  Contact the Ohio Divorce Attorney, Jamie L. Anderson, to schedule a free consultation!  Remember time is of the essence, so don’t delay.


Leave a Comment